Preventative Termite Treatments
Get in touch with Conejo Valley Wood Repair & Termite to learn more about our preventive termite treatments and what they can do for your property. Our team has more than 35 combined years of experience, and it would be our pleasure to apply our expertise to your situation. While we can apply termiticides and other preventative measures to your home to keep it free of termites, there are several actions you can take yourself to remain safe:
- Get rid of any excess moisture in and around the home. Termites require water to thrive.
- Repair any leaking pipes and faucets, as well as exterior air conditioning units.
- Check the roof for any rotting shingles and replace them immediately.
- Divert water away from your home with functioning gutters and downspouts.
- Schedule an annual professional inspection, as most wood-boring insect damage will not be covered by homeowner’s insurance.
- Keep all firewood at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Regularly check the foundation of your home for mud tubes, uneven or bubbling paint, and wood that sounds hollow when tapped.
There is no way to fully prevent termites by yourself, nor is there a way to get rid of termites with help from a team of professionals. Reach out to Conejo Valley Wood Repair & Termite today to learn more about our preventative services.